Xero recently launched the Xero Beautiful Business Fund, a new initiative, backing small businesses to boost their growth and meet their ambitions for the future.
What is the Beautiful Business Fund?
Xero is offering more than NZ$750,000 in funding to Xero small business customers across Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, the UK and US and will recognise companies who are eager to take the next step in various aspects of their business.
There will be four winners from each country, each receiving NZ$20,000. From those winners, four will be announced the global winners receiving an an additional NZ$50,000.
Applications for the fund are now open. Entries close on 6 October 2023 and winners will be announced in November 2023. You can read all the finer details at this link.
What are the four funding categories?
If your business is eligible, you can enter into as many categories you wish.
1. Innovating for sustainability
For small businesses who want to take the next step on their sustainability journey.
2. Strengthening community connection
For small businesses or non-profits who strive to give back to their communities.
3. Trailblazing with technology
For small businesses seeking to innovate or create the pace for technological advancements.
4. Upskilling for the future
For small business owners seeking to upskill themselves or their employees.
How do I enter my small business?
- Review the eligibility criteria here.
- Create a 90 second pitch video providing a brief background on your business, plans for the future and each of the categories you wish to enter. You must produce a video for each one. Tips for filming your video can be found here.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit your entry and sit tight until winners are announced this November.
It is time to get prepared, get filming and get your applications in by 6 October. Best of luck!